Ideal for Backpacking & Day hiking the La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX boots are a waterproof, supportive boot with high-traction soles and abrasion resistant uppers.
I picked up this new pair of technical hiking boots to replace my low-top boots from a couple of seasons ago. I needed a boot with more support for the longer and more technical hikes I’ve been doing, as well as for my upcoming Berg Lake Trail hike this June.
After researching, I narrowed the choice down to the La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX and ordered them online from MEC. From reading online these boots require little break in time but I did buy them early enough in the season to allow for some time to break in before the spring/summer hiking season just in case.
La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX Design
The bright red colouring of the La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX might be a bit bold for some hikers but I really liked the look of these boots. If you want a more muted colour any boots from La Sportivia won’t be for you.
The La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX’s are entirely synthetic and constructed from an abrasion resistant and breathable polyester mesh, with a TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) reinforcement applied to areas of high wear.
These are going to be sturdy and long lasting hikers!
La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX Soles
The sole features a Vibram® Mulaz outsole with a technical edging platform and aggressive rear lugs for superior traction. The soles are also replaceable which will increase the total life span of your boots as long as you take care of the uppers properly.
La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX Tech Specs
– Uppers are abrasion resistant polyester mesh with TPU Thermo Tech reinforcements and Gore-Tex Performance Comfort waterproof breathable construction.
– Rubber toe and heel rands.
– Board lasted construction.
– AirMesh insert in the tongue for comfort.
– 3D Flex System is hinged at the ankle to flex naturally while keeping it stable.
– Insole is 6mm polypropylene.
– Midsole uses dual density MEMlex EVA.
– Sole is Vibram® Mulaz with technical edging platform and aggressive rear lugs for superior traction.
– Weight 1.15kg (Size 43)